Why Use a Relocation Consultant?
Moving can be a daunting task. It’s not just about packing your belongings and unpacking at the other end. The planning, logistics, arrangements, and decisions can make a move seem very daunting. Getting an expert in to help manage some of the details can be a huge weight off the mind. That’s where a relocation consultant comes in.
What is a Relocation Consultant?
They’re a relocation expert who can help plan a move and arrange all the logistics. Generally, they’ll be a team member of a specific relocation or moving company, and will know the services and options of their company intimately. They’ll also be very familiar with their company’s delivery destinations.
A relocation consultant will be available from your initial contact with their relocation company. Their job is to ensure customers get the most efficient package for their specific situation. They’ll know the questions to ask about your move to help you pick a package, and often they’ll be able to visit your house to meet you, see your belongings, and provide an accurate estimate.
They are your move manager and will be the point of contact if you have any questions through the whole process of arranging, packing, delivery, and even post-delivery.
Relocation consultants are very focused on customer experience. They’re going to do their best to work with you and deliver a satisfactory service. You can expect quality advice and support.
Why a Relocation Consultant Makes Things Easier
1. They take out the stress out of the move. It’s easy to forget the details when you’re relocating your life. It’s a huge relief to know that someone else is managing the logistics.
2. They’re experts. They know the company, and they know the ins and outs of moving. You can trust their knowledge.
3. They take the guesswork out of ordering boxes and estimating your shipment size. Consultants can visit your house to look at your belongings, and give you suggestions based on what you actually want to move and their own experience with managing moves. They’ve done this before.
4. They’ll tailor their recommendations to your situation. It doesn’t matter how big or small your shipment, how far you’re going, or if you have special items to be delivered. Often consultant will present you with a few options. You can compare important factors like delivery size, timings, and cost – the end decision is still yours, but it’s an informed one.
5. They can help you save money. For example, if you don’t need your belongings in a rush, consultant may suggest a slower delivery option which could lead to a savings in cost that you may not have been aware of yourself.
6. Because they’ve been doing this for a while, they can suggest helpful hints for your move. This could be packing tips, cultural insights if you’re moving overseas, or even a good local restaurant to celebrate in when you’re settled in.
7. They’ll keep an eye over your account, from your first contact to delivery. They also deal with any questions you might have once your belongings have been delivered. As your personal move manager, you’ll know you can take any questions or concerns directly to someone who’s familiar with your circumstances.
8. They might suggest other useful services their company offers that you haven’t thought of yourself. For example, you might need temporary storage, or want some help getting your home ready with maid services or handymen. It makes it simpler when you don’t have to do too much research yourself.
Thinking About Moving?
Links Moving can help with international moves and domestic moves in Asia. We’ve been running since 1997 and have a team of expert relocation consultants who’ll work personally with you for a stress-free move to your new home.